Monday 21 March 2016

Out Of Touch



So, I'm a relic from the Dark Ages, it seems. My 6-year mobile was quite smart at the time although I only twice went online with it. It’s fallen a few times and hardly has a crack. So why would I move on to a Smartphone?  After all, I just use SMS text messaging for mostly personal contacts and not daily either. I still email but rarely for personal use....daily for work as that's the main means of communication both internally and to monitor customer queries.  I use Facebook for work and I check it daily, sometimes twice a day and depending on what I have to respond to that could be a couple of hours.  My personal Facebook pages, I check if I see a private message and perhaps I post once a week just to let people know I'm still on the planet.  I rarely read what others post now (I was quite addicted for the first year of personal use!) ... too busy with life otherwise, these days.  I got a Twitter and the Google+ accounts for this Social Media Strategy module. I've tweeted some. One was work related, which received several likes; that was very cool. I've never used Skype, but I opened an account now, also as a result of this module. I check LinkedIn only when I see a request to connect or some interesting post - and that's not often, but I go on once a week to keep it active.  

That does not sound like a blogger, does it? That does not even sound like a resident of the 21st century!  My mobile is never on me.  I see people of all ages ... teenagers, the youth, middle-aged and the elderly also armed with a mobile – and yes it’s like an extended appendage.  They never let it go. People complain I don’t answer my phone. Not surprising, I don’t keep it on me.  But that’s a family trait...which I won’t expound on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment