Wednesday 30 November 2016

Musically Celebrating Barbados' 50th Anniversary of Independence

Today is the 50th Anniversary of Independence for #Barbados. An island that's all of 166 sq. miles in the Atlantic ocean - the most easterly island of those in the Caribbean.

I'll pay tribute in song with a few of my fave nationalistic songs:


The Merrymen in their heyday of the 1970s were great musical ambassadors for Barbados.

Here's another of their classics: Beautiful Barbados

And then we have another oldie but goodie in a spouge rhythm (would love to hear Rihanna render something in spouge), that gets me singing at the top of my voice and dancing every time:

This one is my fave nationalistic kaiso: I'm A Bajan

And this is the "bashment" version that the youngsters like:

FYI bashment rhythm is a beat that exceeds 100 beats per minute - enough to put out the back of an old girl like moi!

Then this one pays tribute to our local artistes - more my stylie:

On that note, let's BIG UP BIM (Barbados - sometimes pronounced Buhbayduss in Bajan dialect) for our Golden Jubilee of Independence. Happy Indendence #Barbados.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment